Monday, August 25, 2014

(246) Let me be optimistic about life !!!

I had something else to write about, when I logged in here. I happened to read by chance one of my recent posts on this blog. I ended it saying" whatever happens, happens for good". Yes, I believe it so. But today, my conscience is asking me again and again, is it really so, that whatever happens, happens for good. If it is so, why few things occur wrong to us after they occur. Why we do not like some event of life, when they turn out to be?. Why do we feel left out or inferior, when we do not get everything that the other one has got? Well...I think it is very much in the mind. It's very psychological. Chalo, leave it, we will take it up some other time. Mood change...will talk about something else.

Dheeraj's colleague, I think I wrote about her few days back. Everyday after work, she is out meeting friends and enjoying her life. She often tells me that Mita, go and enjoy before the summer and autumn disappears. Winters will be harsh, depressing and dark. I understand that she has lived three winters here and she knows situations better than any of us do, and hence I try to relate to what she says, but not very seriously though. Morning till now, has been a kind of pre-cap of the winters. Dark, chilly, windy, but accompanied with endless rains. Rains, you very well know, brings out the best/rather worst of me. It turns me emotional and more wanting. And today it rained mercilessly, with a backdrop of black clouds, thunders, and no sun at all. When we went out to pick up Nishka, though I took umbrella for rains, but forget to wear any warm cover, and both, Charvi and I were literally shivering. Goose bumps showing up, hair waving to winds, and face kissing the breeze. If Charvi would'nt have been with me then, I would have definitely let myself get drenched in the rains. You know, how I love to be in unison with the falling waters. Back home, served lunch, put kids to sleep, and then I sat wondering, why is it thus, that after each interval of few months, I tend to go into some kind of self criticism mode and self pity mode? Need to work on it...And that reminded me of the enriching conversation, I had with a friend over phone on Sunday. My Gyan Guru, advised me to be happy, of course, friends for that matter will always want you to be happy, right? Well...the teachings said, that I need to focus on what is here, in present and not to think or worry about past and the future, which is not in my control. And to train the mind in a way, that it learns to accept the disapproval of the time, fate and people. I may not get everything that I long for. Fair enough, I agree. But it's not that easy, if it would be, there would be no pains in the world. 

Alright, but it's not that difficult too....!!

Hmmm..okay...Further instructions said, that I should learn to respect myself, think about my happiness too and stop worrying about what others have to think, say ,believe or do...as they are not in charge of my life, but I am.

Okaayy..got it..revisiting the entire conversation mentally, I felt good and thought of having a cup of coffee. Till the time, I beat the coffee, thoughts were churning simultaneously in my mind. I thought, why is it so, that always I crib of being left alone, and of being treated unfair. Why not for a change, this time, I will agree to disagree with my pessimism, and agree to agree with the fact, that if I focus on being more optimistic and practical, in a course of time, I may becomes so. Till when, will I keep running away from the hard turns, why not face it head on, why not for once, accept that life do not work in a fixed pattern, why not just let myself flow in it's flow, why not for once, stop fighting with life and stop resisting it's natural course? Why not enjoy life as it comes?..Hmm!! What's the harm in trying?

Generally, I don't prefer giving caffeine to kids, but today, I wanted a coffee partner for sure, missing by my side, so I made two cups, one for myself and one for Charvi.

Guess what, very filmi though, the time when I decided to lit up my sun in the heart, the real sun too decided to show up.I am having my coffee right now, with the sun-rays growing up on me every minute.Time to pull the curtain down, and I am sure, pulling it down would not, in any ways, take away the sunshine. It seems, it's lit up bright enough by now.

You know what, I always want to be positive, happy and spread the same cheer in my surroundings, and I also work towards it, but I think my biggest hurdle, enemy in my path of happiness, is my expectation. I have seen, whenever I expect less or don't expect anything from the other person, I don't feel hurt, but the moment I do, I start feeling insecure. Best way is to give all that I can, and expect nothing in return. That way, I don't have to stress and wait for the returns, and if at all I get something back, it's a treat.

And.....and...I never knew, someday, my own blogpost would help me cheer up myself and remind me, that life is beautiful and too short to be unhappy.Nothing is permanent. I might have wasted so many beautiful moments of my life by thinking of something else, when they had come to meet me..and then miss them later. Similarly, I may be turning my back on the beauty of life in present, by living in past and worrying about future. I read a post on assorted mirages and felt good to know that..yes I do write some sensible stuff as well....Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment